FrontCounter BC Website


Use of Water


Administration of Water Rights

New Water Licence Application
Existing Use Groundwater Licence Application (water use began on or before Feb 29, 2016)
Use Approval Application
(short term use of water not exceeding 24 months)

  Notification of Water Licence Name Change/Address Change/Transfer
Mortgage Security

Abandonment / Amendments (Changes) to an Existing Water Licence


Changes In and About a Stream

Complete Abandonment
Partial Abandonment
Change of Purpose
Change of Works
Extension of Term
Extension of Time
Transfer of Appurtenancy
  Change Approval
Notification of Authorized Changes

Register your Well


Register your Well

Update a Submitted Application


Abandon Application

Update a Submitted Application

This form allows you to make the following types of updates for a previously submitted application where no authorization has been issued. If you have already been in touch with FrontCounter BC about this application and wish to update a submitted application, please contact the staff you are working with before submitting this form.

  1. Correct a mistake in the application. For example: You wrote 100 m3 instead of 10 m3
  2. Provide additional information which was missed in the submission of your original application.
  3. Submit a report or a supporting document.

Abandon Your Application

This form allows to you to cancel an existing application which you submitted electronically.