FrontCounter BC - Fish & Wildlife - Fur Trader Licence - Application Guide - Overview

Guide » Fish & Wildlife

Fur Trader Licence Guide

What's New Start your Fish & Wildlife application


A Fur Traders Licence is necessary in British Columbia to buy and sell furs. There are two types of Fur Trader licences:

  • A Resident Fur Traders Licence is issued to a person who makes their permanent residence in the Province of British Columbia and does their Fur Trading from that location.
  • A Transient or Non-Resident Fur Trader Licence is when the Fur Traders permanent residence is outside of the Province of British Columbia.