FrontCounter BC Website
From Paper To Electronic
In order to provide the best possible service to citizens and businesses, we are moving from paper to electronic applications in the natural resource sector.
Benefits of the electronic applications include:
- Convenient - prepare and submit your application 24/7 from the comfort of your home or business.
- Extensive and easy-to-follow help - extensive and easy-to-follow online help including videos that guide you through the process as well as friendly and knowledgeable FrontCounter BC staff available 8:30-4:30, Monday through Friday.
- Applications are customized to your needs - dynamic forms that only require relevant information necessary to process your application.
- Higher success rate - less chance of having your application rejected due to errors or omissions, the system automatically checks your application for completeness.
- Digital map making - ability to create an online map using the Geomark service. Click here for more information about this service.
- Payment made easy - option to pay using the secure online credit card payment service or if you prefer cheque in person or by mail at one of the 28 FrontCounter BC locations across the province.
Combined with a BCeID you receive the following additional benefits:
- Real time status information - check the status of your application in real time.
- Stop and start - you can save and return later to complete your application without losing of any information previously entered.
After the go live of the electronic applications we continue to accept the old application forms for 30 days to allow clients who started filling out the old forms to submit them. After that transition period only electronic applications are being accepted.
The following applications are currently available electronically with many more to follow soon:
Water Act Approvals and Notifications (Short Term Use of Water and Changes In and About a Stream)
Water Act Approvals and Notifications - Will be exclusively a web based application starting June 8, 2015
[ News Release ]
Fish and Wildlife
- Crown land Tenure - NOW AVAILABLE ELECTRONICALLY (Paper application is no longer accepted)
Convenient - Easy to Use - Available 24/7